Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Testing Remote Viewing and Psi Ability: Experiment #1


I have done some tests in remote viewing, loosely following the protocols set out by 
Ingo Swann in his book, Natural ESP. I was very surprised by the results. 


In the first experiment, I had another person draw on paper a simple image of their 
choosing, doing so while alone and leaving the drawing in a predetermined place where 
I could not access it physically (a locked room). The person was instructed to let me 
know when the drawing was finished and in the location agreed upon, at which point I 
would try to remotely view it and draw my impressions. 


When I was ready, I sat in silence and allowed my mind to open up, allowing random 
visual impressions to flow freely, and when any impressions arose, I made quick 
representations on paper. By the end of ten or fifteen minutes, I had recorded two or 
three different impressions. Each impression was different, but all were similar in 
certain respects. One of these impressions was of a star-like formation of crossed 
lines, such as an asterisk or the spokes of a bicycle wheel without the tire rim 
included. A second impression was of a simple lattice-work pattern that was angled so 
that a series of lines formed slight trapezoids or angled squares in uniform rows. 


Later on, after this remote viewing attempt, I received the target drawing for 
comparison. It had been a simple line drawing of a Star of David. Although this was 
not what I had visualized or drawn, there were nevertheless certain significant 
correlations to my recorded impressions. First of all, the target drawing and my 
star-like drawing both contained identical symmetrical factors. Second, my second 
impression of an angled lattice-work pattern could be easily compared to the angles of 
the crossed lines in the target drawing. A Star of David consists of 30 and 60 degree 
angles, and these were the approximate degrees of the angles I saw in my mind and drew, 
rather than lateral, horizontal, or 45 degree angles. Third, both of my drawings 
reflected the stark line-work of the target drawing. 


As a first attempt at any remote viewing experiments, I am amazed at how accurate my 
impressions were, the more I consider them. The effort I made to focus on the target 
was not at all hard, and I simply waited passively for seemingly random mental 
impressions of a visual nature to arise, after thinking about the drawing at the 
location it was placed at. I did not consider the mental impressions as necessarily 
having to be anything that can be drawn, and in fact, the lattice-work pattern I 
visualized was not of a two-dimensional nature and had light and shade effects that 
made it seem more three-dimensional. But in putting it on paper it actually became 
more consistent with the actual target. 


It seems that from this last point, the final definitive impression was not complete 
until it had been reinterpreted from a mental impression into a drawing. This may 
indicate that my subconscious knew that the impression would be more accurately 
coordinated with the actual target once it was consciously drawn out, which it 
certainly was. 


Together, both of my drawings contained all of the information that made up the target 
drawing, but they just didn't have the proper relationships to one another. Ingo Swann 
calls this 'lack of fusion', and states that it indicates that a lot of accurate 
information is getting through, but the preconscious processes of the brain are not 
properly combining them. The psychic channel is open but still too weak to send more 
than bits and pieces of the total target drawing. If I had combined the elements of 
both received impressions, all of the basic relationships of the target drawing would 
have been present, and the target would have been easier to recognize. Swann says that 
lack of fusion is often apparent when the target is too complex for the psychic channel 
to bear. This was my very first attempt at remote viewing and I spent very little time 
at it and applied very little effort, and my psychic channel was weak and undeveloped, 
so something as simple as a line drawing of a Star of David was still complex enough to 
overwhelm the channel with information, and it was only able to send some of the 
information, or it was coming through in bits and pieces that didn't properly come 
together again either because the preconscious processes interfered, or because some of 
the information was still absent. Swann states that lack of fusion can also be a good 
indication that the ESP core is about to get more efficient. 


In comparing my two drawings to the target drawing, I also realize that the actual 
mental impressions I had received were not all that similar to either the target 
drawing or the two-dimensional line drawings that were produced to represent them, and 
it was the final drawings that more closely resembled the target drawing. The 
preconscious processes, with their various levels of filtering that the information 
must avoid in order to come through clearly and accurately, and the necessity of having 
to translate that information from its more abstract mental impression into a two-
dimensional line drawing, can both cause errors in interpretation. In my case, it may 
be that the necessity of translating my impressions back to paper was subconsciously 
understood. Swann states that the more prominent elements will be received and 
recognized first, and smaller details will come through later, just as with our normal 
visual impressions. Between my first and second drawing, I can see this. The first 
impression and resulting drawing consisted of 1) lines at 2) relative angles that were 
3) symmetrically positioned. The complexity of the target beyond that was lacking, but 
otherwise the main elements of the target were present. In my second drawing, greater 
detail was included, but was again misinterpreted. A close examination of the lattice-
work pattern I drew reveals 4) sets of parallel lines and 5) only horizontal and 60 
degree angles. A Star of David is made up of three sets of parallel lines at 0, 60, and 
120 degrees. This appears to indicate that between my two drawings, virtually all of 
the information was received but misinterpreted because it was broken up. There were no 
erroneous elements involved in either of my drawings. All the necessary information was 
present and nothing extra. It was only the way it was recombined that was flawed, and 
this occurred in the mental impression, before it was translated to paper. This 
suggests that the preconscious processes interfered, and understanding this will lead 
to resolving the problem as the subconscious learns to interpret psychic information 
more accurately. 


This first attempt at remote viewing was quite remarkable, in my opinion, and my 
success was probably helped greatly by the fact that I had been studying the subject 
quite heavily and had a clear understanding of the processes involved and was open to 
whatever might happen, knowing the statistical averages and not expecting too much 
beyond that. I appear to have done fairly well. 

Anthony Forwood


No comments:

Post a Comment